Wednesday, March 12, 2014

WORLD POETRY DAY 2014

           
21st  MARCH

                                                             
 

"Poetry is one of the purest expressions of linguistic freedom. It is a component of the identity of peoples and it embodies the creative energy of culture, for it can be continuously renewed".
Irina Bokova, Director-General of UNESCO

World Poetry Day is on 21st March, and was declared by UNESCO (the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) in 1999.
 The purpose of the day is to promote the reading, writing, publishing and teaching of poetry  worldwide.

 World Poetry Day is an invitation to reflect on the power of language and the full development of each person’s creative abilities.

   


Friday 21st ,12:30 am ,  at the LIBRARY .

 This is the Poem for 2nd , 3rd and  4th Grade :

BOA CONSTRICTOR   by Shel Silverstein

Oh, I’m being eaten
By a boa constrictor,
A boa constrictor,
A boa constrictor,
I’m being eaten by a boa constrictor,
And I don’t like it - one bit.
Well, what do you know?
It’s nibblin’ my toe.
Oh, gee,
It’s up to my knee.                       
Oh my,
It’s up to my thigh.
Oh, fiddle,
It’s up to my middle.
Oh, heck,
It’s up to my neck.
Oh, dread,
It’s upmmmmmmmmmmffffffffff ...



The Poetry for  5th and 6th Grade  is the Poem :




CLICK and Read More Poems :

   
   Messy  Room  ,  Lyin' Larry ,  Homework Machine ...








Some  Types  Of  Poetry  :




Watch this video :












Now that you know what a Haiku is , try  to write one or two or ... and decorate them .                                 





I know you like Acrostics , so why don´t you write one with the    letters of your names .       Have Fun !!                            

                                             





Do you like  Cinquains ? Yes ,  Write  one .                 






A flea and a fly in a flue
Were caught, so what could they do?
Said the fly, "Let us flee."
"Let us fly," said the flea.
So they flew through a flaw in the flue.
Anonymous



"To kick off our unit, I partnered kids up and gave them each a poetry book and a sticky note. They had to come up with at least 3 things they noticed about poetry on the sticky note. Of course every group noticed that poetry can rhyme! But I got a lot of additional great answers which were later compiled into the chart" ~My Life as a 3rd Grade Teacher










No comments:

Post a Comment